Home is our haven, a place where we and our loved ones relax, unwind and just be. If there is one thing that practically runs modern homes, it is electricity. Our homes have never been so dependent upon electricity as they are now. Electricity has become an integral part of our lives. Our appliances like TVs, refrigerators, home theatres, air conditioners, washing machines, computers, tablets and so on all work on electricity. Thus, it is crucial that you conduct regular electrical fault detection and repairs to avoid any kind of electric shocks, fire hazards, damage to appliances, and to ensure the overall safety of your family and home. Quick Spark has years of experience in diagnosing electric faults and carrying out necessary repairs in the shortest turnaround time.
We all want our homes to be safe from any kind of electrical hazards. Wondering how to detect an electric fault in your home? There are multiple reasons why an electric fault can happen. Watch out for the signs listed below, and if you experience any of them, call Quick Spark and your friendly local electrician will be there to help you in no time.
Dimming of flickering lights
If the lights in your home are constantly flickering or dimming, it is a sure sign that there is an electric fault that needs immediate attention.
Sparking in switchboards/power points
Frequent sparking sounds coming from switchboards or power points, or at times, even from electric devices is reason enough to call an expert electrician and get your home diagnosed for probable electric faults.
So, you experience mild electric shocks at times while switching on or off some appliances? This could be due to a fault in electric wiring, switches, or appliances. In either case, electric shocks can be very dangerous and are a huge risk to the safety of you and your family.It’s time for you to call your local electrician for fault finding and necessary repairs.
Frequent power outages
If the power in your home goes off every time you plug in a heavy electrical appliance like a washing machine or a vacuum cleaner, it is an indication that there is some sort of electric fault that needs repairing.
Fluctuations in electric supply are not only frustrating but are also detrimental to the health of your electrical appliances and devices. This can be due to improper electrical wiring or a loose connection.
External power surges are commonly caused by lightning or thunderstorms, but electric faults in your home are the main reason for an internal power surge. This could be due to several faults like your wiring, some devices, or switchboards. Though power surges last only for a few milliseconds, they can damage your expensive appliances. If there are regular power surges in your home, it needs to be examined by a professional.
Burning smell from power points or appliances
In the event of a burning smell coming from any sort of electrical device in your home, be it power points, switchboards, or appliances, it is important to get it checked by a licensed electrician without any delay.
Power sockets becoming hot
If you feel that the power sockets or power points are becoming hot when in use, it is evident that this is because of some electric fault that needs to be repaired immediately before it turns into a fire hazard.
Experiencing any of the above common electric faults in your home? Quick Spark’s qualified and experienced electricians are here to detect any kind of electric fault and repair it in the fastest time while maintaining the highest safety standards. Our expert electricians are only a phone call away. Call us now and book an appointment!