It is that time of the year when you dust the spider webs and clean all your light fixtures. Dead bugs, accumulated dust, as well as other grime can cover your lamp shades, fixtures, and light bulbs. Electricians believe that this diminishes the light quality.
Therefore, it is important for you to know the best ways to clean your light fixtures without causing breakages and the need for electrical repairs. It is the secret to a brightly lit home.
Supplies Needed to Clean Light Fixtures
Before you can start cleaning, you should see your local electrician so that they can educate you better about the supplies you will require. Here is a general list of things you can purchase.
- Step ladder
- Warm water
- Lint roller
- Microfiber cloths
- Spray cleaning solution
- Mild dish soap
Steps to Clean Light Fixtures
Once you have the necessary supplies recommended by top electrical services, you can move towards the cleaning process.
- To avoid any unfortunate circumstances, electricians suggest that you first turn off the lights that you are planning on cleaning, at least 30 minutes before you start. Do not touch the bulb right away. Place your hand close to it and make sure it is not still emitting heat.
- Electrical repair companies believe that you should use either a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the bulbs and fixtures to remove the dust on the surface.
- Next, fill your dishpan with warm water and add a small amount of mild dish soap to it.
- Now you will have to remove light covers or globes. But use only one hand to do that and use the other to hold the globe. Electricians always say that you should keep a firm grip while you remove the last clip to avoid accidents.
- Soak your covers in soapy water. The best electrical services recommend that they should be placed in water for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, unscrew light bulbs and gently wipe them down.
- Electrical repair companies often report mishaps when people spray the solution directly onto the fixtures. So, make sure that you dampen the cloth with the cleaner beforehand.
- The next step suggested by electrical services across the globe is to wipe off any remaining grime and then rinse with water. Ensure that it is fully dry before it is replaced.
If you follow these steps exactly, electrical repair companies believe that there is no reason for your fixtures to not lighten up your home. But if cleaning does not do the trick, it is time to bring in the cavalry.
Quick Spark is a quality electrical service organization, which employs competent electricians. They are skilled and experienced when it comes to fulfilling your electrical repair and maintenance needs. Make sure to give them a call to ensure that your home is full of love and light.