Your home electrical system powers up your life by making sure that the flow of energy to your appliances is smooth and uninterrupted. Electricity plays a vital role in today’s world, and the systems through which it runs are equally important. Sometimes, problems appear in these systems because of poorly done electrical work, or simply because they are too old to function properly. These problems need to be resolved in order to avoid any further issues. So, let’s see what are the warning signs that the electrical system of your house may be faulty:
- Flickering lights may be an indication that there’s something wrong with the electrical system of your house. If it’s only one fixture that flickers, it may mean that the problem is a minor one and is contained in one light fixture only. However, if it’s the home lights in an entire room or area that flicker, it means the problem is a major one and pertains to the main circuit of the house – your house is due for electrical maintenance.
- Sometimes you may notice a buzzing or a humming sound coming out of the electrical outlets in your house. This problem occurs if the wiring within the outlet becomes loose, and it’s common with houses that are old or have shoddy electrical work. You need to call an electrician and resolve this issue as soon as possible. Similarly, discoloration around the sockets in your house may indicate the same thing.
- If the electrical system of your house gets overloaded it will result in the tripping of the circuit breaker. The basic function of a circuit breaker is to shut down the system before something drastic, like a fire breakout, happens. If this happens over and over again, without any apparent cause, it means that the fault lies with the wiring of your home and electrical maintenance of the entire system is required.
- If the light bulbs in a certain section of your house burn out quite often it means that the main circuit of the house is damaged. Burning out of house bulbs is an indicator that the wiring is loose, or the insulation of the wires in close vicinity gets overheated and the bulb turns off to prevent further damage.
- Another indicator that the power supply system of your house may be impaired is receiving electric shocks when touching an outlet or turning an appliance off or on. Usually, it happens when your device is faulty but if yours works fine then it may be a sign that the issue lies with your main power supply system.
A home is a place where you can finally relax after a long day at work. The issues mentioned above will only add to your worries. So, if you notice any of these signs, consult an expert electrician like Quick Spark and get your home electrical system evaluated to see if it needs an up-grade.
Stay vigilant, stay safe!