Quick Spark Blogs

Ideas, explanations and examples about electrical topics and issues.

Electrical Safety Warnings In Your Home

Electrical Safety Warnings In Your Home

Electricity has made our lives easier than ever before, but there are so many ways in which it can harm us too. Therefore, it is important to take into account the electrical safety warnings. In fact, everyone at home must be aware of the safety tips because we all use electric appliances daily. We have listed down a few tips, which will help to keep you safe.

1. Knowing The Leading Cause Of The Electrical Fire

One of the leading causes of electrical fires is damaged wiring or use of faulty electrical equipment. The lamps, cords, plugs, and power supplies often fall victim to electrical fire due to faulty wiring. The first safety tip is to replace the damaged wires. If you see any wire exposed or without insulation, cover it with electrical tape.

2. Don’t Overload The Sockets

Each outlet has a certain capacity for delivering an electric current. If you plug too many devices in it, there are chances that an explosion might take place. In order to avoid such a scenario, you must never overload a switch beyond its capacity.

3. Avoid Using Extensions

The shortage of electric switches and sockets can lead to the excessive use of extensions in a house. You must avoid the excessive use of extension cords because they can cause injuries. In addition to it, the outlet to which the extension is attached can also get damaged. The safety tip is to replace the use of extensions by installing new sockets.

4. Always Avoid Water Splashes

Water is a very good conductor of electricity. In a case where water splashes enter a socket, an electrical fire can erupt. For that matter, if you have sockets in a place near to possible water exposure, you must not use them. But, if plugs do get wet, you must wipe off the moisture immediately. Also, you can contact us, as Quick Spark offers professional electrical services.

5. Make Sure That Exhaust Fans Are Clean

Some electrical appliances have exhaust fans in them to reduce the appliance’s temperature. Over the period of time, the debris accumulates on it, which makes the working of fans harder. Due to this, the chances of overheating increase. Quick Spark would advise you to get professional cleaning services for increasing the life span of your appliances and avoiding electrical hazards.

6. Give Proper Space To Appliances

The appliances which need air circulation must never be placed in tight and congested places. A common practice is to place the electrical appliances in fixed boxes; we advise you not to do so. The safety tip is to place the appliances such as electric dryers at least a foot away from walls to avoid chances of overheating.

We, at Quick Spark, offer the best quality services at highly competitive rates regarding all your issues of electrical appliances and wiring. You can contact us by placing a call or by booking an appointment through our website https://getquickspark.com.au/ for any sort of inquiry.

Quick Spark

Read more posts by this author.

Have an electrical emergency? Call Now to Book an Appointment!

    Call us on 1300 877 275


    Quick Connect